Welcome Message

SINCE I AM HALF-BILINGUAL, I SELECTED THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG FROM A FRENCH TERM FOR MASTURBATION. WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER HERE ARE ESSENTIALLY RANDOM ORGASMS OF THOUGHT THAT HIT ME IN MOMENTS OF INSPIRATION. YES, SOMETIMES IT'S A BIT MESSY, BUT IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO GOOD.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

World Cup Finals (Sigh)


Ok guys, I put a picture of a hot guy on here in an effort to trick you into reading another post about soccer. So, for those of you paying attention, France defeated Portugal 1-0 today, advancing them to the championship game of the World Cup which will be played this Sunday against Italy.

Now, no team that I particularly care about made it, so I have little to say about the finals (other than I already miss David Beckham). But I was humored today as I was driving in my car and was listening to a political radio talk host (who I listen to simply for his absurdity, as the guy is pretty much nuts and should be locked away). He obviously knew nothing about soccer and was probably just reading from the AP wires.

But he got all worked up about France playing Italy, and he said that Americans should unquestionably be cheering for Italy over France (apparently being the great soccer fan he is, he forgot that Italy was one of the teams that contributed to eliminating the US from the tournament).

Amazingly, though, the radio guy said that Americans should be cheering against France because he doesn't like France's politics. What sort of insane troll logic is that? To choose sides in a sporting event based on which team aligns itself better with your political views? I'm sorry, I just don't see the connection. Well, there's no accounting for some people's thinking, particularly since it is clear that the true reason we should cheer for Italy is because their players are way hotter than France's team (Some of Italy's players even participated in a fundraiser for cancer research by posing shirtless for a hot calendar this year....mmmm!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my goodness! that guy probably does knw what he is talking about!!! i am totally rooting for FRANCE this year!!!!!! though they are quite a 'old' batch of players... i would rather call them senior, compare to many of the other teams which featured young talents...

hehehhe..
i am so glad that they won against portugal...

hope FRANCE win!!!!
*fingers cross*

Anonymous said...

i meant to say, that guy does NOT know what he was talking about!!

typo.. hehehhehe

Sexbox said...

No Portugal = No Ronaldo = Sad Chicago_sexbox :(