Welcome Message

SINCE I AM HALF-BILINGUAL, I SELECTED THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG FROM A FRENCH TERM FOR MASTURBATION. WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER HERE ARE ESSENTIALLY RANDOM ORGASMS OF THOUGHT THAT HIT ME IN MOMENTS OF INSPIRATION. YES, SOMETIMES IT'S A BIT MESSY, BUT IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO GOOD.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Gay Families to Attend Annual White House Easter Egg Roll


About 200 gay families are going to attend the annual White House Easter egg roll next Monday (April 17). Here again is an example of why (as I mentioned in my previous post about American Idol's Mandisa) I get so irritated with people who try to cloak their prejudice in the name of religion. Is there anything less benign or less religious than an Easter egg roll? And yet, like clockwork, the religious organizations come out and oppose the gay families.

On a side note, although George W. Bush often irritates me, I think Laura's a pretty classy person, probably far more balanced than her husband. I have a feeling that, if she wasn't constrained by political reality, she would be opposed to a lot of the policies of her husband's administration toward gay rights. Just a hunch, I have nothing to support that, though.

0 comments: