Welcome Message

SINCE I AM HALF-BILINGUAL, I SELECTED THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG FROM A FRENCH TERM FOR MASTURBATION. WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER HERE ARE ESSENTIALLY RANDOM ORGASMS OF THOUGHT THAT HIT ME IN MOMENTS OF INSPIRATION. YES, SOMETIMES IT'S A BIT MESSY, BUT IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO GOOD.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Late Night Trips to Chinatown


There is a conspiracy to keep me from reaching my weight loss goals, I'm sure of it. One of the key players in this plot is the Three Happiness restaurant in Chinatown. Three Happiness actually is the name of two different restaurants in Chinatown, presumably operated by the same people since they are directly across the street from each other. The large main restaurant is open for normal hours and has very good dim sum. But the small one pictured above is the dangerous one, primarily because it is open 24 hours.

Consequently, after a night out at the clubs or when one particular friend gets off work around midnight and has a snack attack, Three Happiness begins to call out with the song of the Sirens, irresistibly drawing me toward the cliffs of obesity. For within the walls of that wonderful place are the most wonderful potstickers I have ever tasted. Yes, I drive all the way from Lakeview to Chinatown sometimes more than once a week, just for the potstickers. Last time I was there, I even asked for an extra order to take home for lunch the next day. My aforementioned friend and I have been there so often recently that the people who work there recognize us when we walk in. Fairly soon, I suspect they will be asking us if we want "the usual."

So, if you find yourself with a craving for food late at night, head down to the corner of Cermak and Wentworth; I'll save a spot at my table for you, but you'll have to get your own potstickers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right behind the 12 animal signs in the chinatown plaza is Ken Kee. They have good food with affordable price, and the place is opened till 3 or 4 in the morning.

Another place I'd recommend is Triple Crown. I haven't been but heard they serve late night snacks or dimsum for younger crowds who are hung-over. Let's go sometime...

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/43638,0,1343121.venue