Welcome Message

SINCE I AM HALF-BILINGUAL, I SELECTED THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG FROM A FRENCH TERM FOR MASTURBATION. WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER HERE ARE ESSENTIALLY RANDOM ORGASMS OF THOUGHT THAT HIT ME IN MOMENTS OF INSPIRATION. YES, SOMETIMES IT'S A BIT MESSY, BUT IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO GOOD.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Adjusting

A conversation this weekend has helped me to think through some of the priorities in my life. As regular Auto-Gratification readers have no doubt noticed, my posts lately have been severely lacking.

This has been unavoidable, as my life lately has been rather crazy, particularly with my job in a company that is in a tailspin it is unlikely to recover from. Consequently, I am trying to balance the demands of a very full-time job with the fairly-urgent need to find a new job in a more stable situation.

As a smart friend reminded me this weekend, I need to make sure I am dedicating the maximum amount of effort possible to my occupation situation and not allow myself to use other things (such as blogging) to be used as an escape from the stress I have been under for far too long. For, when I spend my time on things less important, I ultimately only will increase my stress and delay its resolve.

So, today Auto-Gratification is going on an indefinite hiatus. Although I have every intent to return to blogging at some point, I cannot today tell you at what point that will be. I will keep the blog up, and perhaps I will be able to give an update along the way. But at this point, I don't plan to post again until my job situation has settled down and I am comfortably-settled into whatever new opportunity awaits.

Thanks to all who have been so kind in your comments and visits. I do hope that I will be back here again soon....keep checking!

6 comments:

momot said...

Hope you can settle down your job as soon as possible and we still able to read your update. Good luck

Quentin X said...

I didn't realise this blog existed; my blog have the same title. I wish everything turned out alright for you and you start blogging again.

Anonymous said...

Actually I think it is a bit sexist - it certainly reinforces society's perception that "women and children" need to be saved and that if it's just a few men who are dying, then... oh well... no big deal.

So I think the danger is not so much in how the funds are used, but the media campaign that goes with it.

Female cancers, breast cancer in particular receives *far* more funding that other cancers, particularly male cancers. Yet Most publicity drives (with an underlying commercial interest) focus on these "pink" cancers. That's sexism that's ingrained into society. If it's sexist to stereotyp women as victims, it's sexists to claim that men never need support or help.

Unknown said...

Just found this blog (through link of OYGA; Rice queen article); interesting topics! Hope you find your voice back in blogging

Credit Union said...

The topics on this site are pretty awesome. Take care!

Brand New W said...

guess i'm a few years too late - only just found your blog now and was hoping to find a new read, but i know the world of blogs is slowly coming to an end... hope you're well wherever you are!